Monday, August 29, 2011

        Finally finished it, the last piece for the upcoming show in November at La Petite Mort Gallery. This tribesman is apart of the Cannibal tribe called the  Asmat out of Papua, Indonesia. As soon as I saw this photograph I knew I had to paint it, the intensity in his expression alone was enough to solidify my idea, then I researched his tribe and found out he was a Cannibal, which made it that much more interesting. Sort of an opposing view to the other 2 tribesman pieces. I really wish I could have painted 7 or 8 of these for the show but they take alot of time and layering to finish. I'm still very happy with these works, but alot of these techniques I used were of accidental success, so it doesn't hurt to try new things! peace,enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment